Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Brady bunch eyes Bowl

"Brady bunch eyes Bowl." That was the headline in the sports section of the mx daily paper in Brisbane on Monday afternoon. The mx is the equivalent of the Metro daily paper that is handed out to all public transportation riders in Boston. The mx is also handed out, free, to all passengers on public trains and buses and it gives you just the right amount of news to keep you updated but not enough to give you any depth to the stories which is what the internet is then for!

I am beginning to get a complex. Since coming down to Australia the sports teams in Boston have gone on to dismantle all of thier competition. I am beginning to think that my coming down to Bris Vegas has something to do with the home town teams making their historic runs. Maybe its a sports god that has sent me down here to spread the good word about baseball via the Boston Red Sox and American Gridiron via the New England Patriots. I can tell you all one thing: the Australians that I work with and hang out with have a much better understanding and appreciation of baseball and now gridiron (I will call it football going forward!)


On Monday morning I knew I had to watch the game and once again ESPN came through for me. The game started at 6:00 am Monday morning. I got up at 5:45 am put on some coffee and sat myself down on my couch. I was able to watch in real time from the opening kick off to the final kneel down. If it wasn't for all of the soccer and cricket commercials I would have thought I was sitting in a living room in Boston. After the game I called a taxi and I was in the office by 9:30 am. That was a GREAT way to start off a work week.
Bring on the Giants! Bring on the Super Bowl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bean,
I hope your stay carries you through the Celts run...

Bean Down Under said...

Tell me about it James. I think I miss watching the Celtics season more than the others and I haven't even been a big C's fan over the past 5 yrs. The few games I have seen were a blast to watch. Garnett, Allen, and Pierce are nasty.