
Bring on the Rockies! Bring on the Yankee's..... Bring on anyone right now. Even from almost 10,000 miles away I can sense that there is something special in the air in Boston. The Red Sox did what few teams do in any sport. They came back from a 3 -1 game deficit and won the Pennant for the Championship Series in the American League. So now its on to the big time. The World Series..... try explaining to Aussies why we feel we need to call it the World Series and not just the North American Series. My reply is that World Series sounds better!
At 10:00 am Brisbane time on Monday morning I sat myself down on my couch infront of my TV and for the next 4 hours I was blissfully transported via Fox Sports to Boston and to seeing why I love that city so much! Although the first 5 or 6 innings had me barely being able to watch due to nerves the last few innings were complete joy! When Coco Crisp caught that final out and slammed into the Wall I jumped off the couch cheered and did my own little version of the Jonathan Papelbon Red Sox jig!
I knew when we had Kevin Millar throw out the first pitch that it was going to be a special night. He is a great guy with a great sense of humor and he deserves to be a Red Sox in some form or another (player, coach, front office) going forward! He is our good luck charm. We no longer need that midget that Pedro used to have around. That was just strange. Millar is what baseball and Boston is all about.
My new dilemma is to find out how to best follow the World Series. Game 1 is on Thursday morning here in Brisbane. I can't continue to 'chuck sickies' but I will find a way to follow the game. If there is a will there is a way. If there is another elimination game or a chance for the Sox to win the Series then I will change my schedule at work to be able to follow the games. Until then I am going to see about downloading MLB.com and listening to the game via headphones and watching pitch by pitch on ESPN. I warned Sr. Management prior to coming to Australia that if the Sox made the World Series or the Patriots were in the Superbowl my schedule would be changed to allow me to watch. The
good news is that my Sr. Management back in Boston were the ones who told me about listening to the games live and where to watch the games in a local Pub!!!Here's to hoping that we see the Jonathan Papelbon Red Sox jig one more time in the next week or so!
'Love that dirty water...... Boston you're my town!'
6 comments:
Ernie,
I hope your boss doesn't read this blog.
LOL! Hey Dave.... the good news here is that Aussie's are maniac sports fans themselves so even if my manager did read the blog I think I would get a pass for a Game 7!
GO SOX!
EPB, I'll have to post a link to this on the PU. Nice work! xo Miss you! KJ
Hi Ernie Bean!! I'm happy to see you haven't completely left Boston behind. I hope you're doing well. When are you coming home??
Hey KJ - thanks for the link in your blog! Gotta love Papa-jima! Yesterday's game was a nailbiter. Having a nice Aussie brunch for game 3 tomorrow, which will be on Sunday morning at 10:00 AM here in Oz!
Cameo - I could never leave Boston behind. Miss it big time but Brisbane is a nice place to be! I am coming back to Boston for the Christmas holiday on Dec 14 for two weeks! Can't wait... I will be going from 90 degree to 30 degree weather but I wouldn't miss it!
Post a Comment